Search
  • Jeannie Lacey

Omicrom Update ... heading for the peak!

Well, I had a little scare on Monday, after hosting my Dad's 80th.


Off I went to collect my Rapid Antigen Test (RAT). It was such a relief to get a negative result. But I was surprised at the level of anticipated guilt I experienced if I had got a positive result. I really didn't want to be responsible for potentially putting my family and my Dad's guests at risk.


I gave myself a stern talking to. I certainly am careful not to expose myself to COVID risk ... so these things happen, regardless of cautious behaviour.


Some of our people have contacted me recently to let me know they won't be at class for a while. Reasons are varied, and all very valid. Vulnerable family members, self-employment exposure, to name a couple.


With this in mind, and with the peak of the virus in our community predicted this month, I wonder if we should take a pause of classes until the end of March? My wise eldest daughter, however, reminded me it's at times like this when we all need our practice more.


So, I'm putting it to you all ...


Would you prefer to pause our group practice until after we've hit the peak? Or do you feel safe enough to continue?


I read an article on Stuff this morning. It's about how we don't have to accept that it's inevitable we might get COVID if we take certain precautions. One of those precautions is to stay away from 'gyms' for the moment. Obviously, we're not a gym, but the environment is comparable.


Many of you know we cancelled my husband's 60th party due to COVID. Instead, my stepdaughter and I planned a long weekend in Queenstown for us all on 12th March. After having my wee fright on Monday, we've talked about whether we should go. We've decided we will. That impacts those of you who are still able to come to class. We'll get home late Tuesday 15th March, so obviously no classes that day. But what about Thursday 17th? I'm inclined to cancel those classes too to ensure I'm keeping you safe. We'll take a RAT on the following weekend (I've got spares from Monday's test kit) to ensure I'm safe for you to be around the following week.


Interesting, challenging times we're all having eh?


Please flick me a message to let me know if you're more inclined to pause in-class practice until end of March, or if you'd rather we carried on as usual.


Ngā mihi nui

Jeannie


45 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All